There are varieties of different jobs as virtual assistant. If you are thinking about working as a virtual assistant, there is a list of top 12 most in-demand jobs as virtual assistant that people pay for.
If you have a few of these skills that you can offer to your clients, you will be much better than your competition.
1. Customer Service and Support
Customer service and support are so important these days. When customers have questions, they would expect speedy replies and support. Businesses need to spend lots of time to keep customers happy. But, they do not have time to do it themselves, they will pay you to help them with this.
Some jobs for customer service and support includes
- customer inquiries through phone or email
- responding to customer feedback
- live chat
- process orders
- filing, keeping records up to date
2. Administrative Support
Administrative support for virtual assistant includes
- Booking appointment- keep track of appointment, send reminders, reschedule the appointment and confirmed appointments
- Meeting schedule- arrange a meeting for your client, send reminders to those attending the meeting
- Live Chat – supporting customers inquiries
- Email – responding to email, alert important email
- Phone call and voicemail – handle phone calls and listen to voicemail
- Basic reports – creating reports on weekly jobs completed
- Travel arrangements – book transport and accommodation for your client when he travels.
- Presentations – creating power points presentations for your clients
- Preparing training manuals for staffs
- Spreadsheets, data entry
Most of the business owners will pay for a virtual assistant to do the bookkeeping. Bookkeeping is all about maintaining the finances of the business.
Some work you can do for your client includes
- generating invoices
- keeping track of payment
- issuing refund
- processing payment for employees and contractors
- debt repayment
- processing balance sheet, profit and loss
- preparing tax document
4. Video Editing
Video editing involves reviewing a piece of video material that has been created by your client. You have to do some editing and get it ready for publishing
Services for video editing involves
- adding subtitles
- adjust quality and color
- edit the order of video clips
- add dialogue, music, and images
5. Podcast Editing
If you like to listen to a podcast and have some knowledge of podcasting, you can offer your services to your clients.
Some services include
- adding subtitles
- add music, images, ads
- add introduction and conclusion
6. Social Media Management
For social media management, you need to have some knowledge about different social media platforms. Business owners have no time to do this themselves. They will pay someone who knows how to optimize their social media accounts, to engage with the right audience.
You will be able to help your clients on some following
- Creating social media posts with images
- Schedule posting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and others
- Writing and optimizing social media bios – there is a limit on the number of words for bios, between 150-160 character limit. It is so important for a brand to have the best bio to attract customers.
- Moderate and responding to comments – communicate with audiences to build positive relationships
- Campaigns – promotional campaign for special events
- Reaching out to potential customers
- stayed informed on promotional rules on different platforms – it is not nice to be banned on any platform for incorrect posting
7. Content Creation
Writing quality content for websites, newsletters are all important for building and maintaining engagement with audiences. If you have the ability to write quality content that captures the attention of readers, you have a competitive edge over other virtual assistants.
Some tasks for content creation includes
- writing blog posts – writing blog posts for business entrepreneurs on topics you are familiar with or doing research on a topic and write a post on it.
- Proofreading and editing – if you have knowledge of good grammar, sentences, you can offer proofreading and editing for your clients. You can edit an article in such a way that it is easy to read and convey the ideas clearly to their audiences.
- Keyword research – Knowledge of keyword research will improve the search engine ranking of the article. That means your clients’ businesses will be seen by most people.
- SEO – If you are familiar with SEO (Search Engine Optimization), you can increase your clients online exposure
- sourcing and editing photos/images – an image tells a thousand words. You can help in sourcing and editing great images that catch your clients audiences attention.
- Research on topics – You should be able to research on any topic and writes about it
- transforming business data into engaging content
- affiliate links – adding affiliate links to a blog post is a way to bring in sales for your clients
- content repurposing – your client may create a piece of content either a blog post, a video, a podcast. You will be asked to repurpose it into a different marketing format. For example, from a video or a podcast to a blog post, from a blog post to many social media posts.
- Schedule post to publish
8. Website/Blog management
If you are familiar with building websites, you can offer your service to your clients.
Don’t worry if you do not know how to build a website. You can learn how to get started here.
Most businesses pay someone to do their website/blog, monetizing the website/blog to make money.
Some services you can provide includes
- Build a website
- repair broken links
- moderating and respond to comments
- updating plugins
- improved website SEO
- understanding website performance
- reporting on hot topics and trends
- tracking performance metrics, google analytics…
9. Online Marketing
There are about 3 billion internet users in this world using desktop, tablet, and mobile.
Businesses are looking for ways to attract customers online, they need to make sure that their online marketing is effective.
Some services include
- create SEO friendly landing pages to increase traffic to your clients’ website through organic search engine results
- technical support
- create sales pages
- promotions, giveaways
- new product launches
- flyers, brochures
- advertising campaigns
10. Email Marketing
Email marketing is still working for many businesses. If you have good knowledge on email marketing, you can help offer this service to your clients.
Some task for email marketing includes
- Design email templates
- scheduling emails
- writing and sending newsletters
- managing subscriber list
- track the effectiveness of the email campaigns
11. Email Management
There are always too many emails in the inbox that we just do not have time to read through them. This problem can be solved by hiring a virtual assistant to handle it.
- Response to email
- Sort out important emails
- Unsubscribed unwanted email, promotional email.
12. Monitor Clients Product/Services Review
Most online customers will read the product/services review before they make any purchases. For that reason, businesses cannot ignore their online customer review about their products.
Services for monitoring customers review and feedback includes
- response to every review and feedback – it is great to have good reviews and feedback. For negative reviews and feedback, talk to customers, and solve the problems. This will greatly help the business reputation.
- compile weekly reports – showing your clients the positive and negative feedback about the business.
Well, there you have it, the top 12 most in-demand virtual assistant services you can offer to your clients. This is a flexible way to make money online and you can do it from anywhere in the world.
If you do not have knowledge in any of the above jobs, you can invest some time in yourself by taking up some related courses and training.
If you are ready to make money online, you may want to look at this training, you will learn about how to create websites, writing blog posts, SEO, social media and more. The best part of this training platform is that its starter membership is FREE to join. Besides the online training, you will get plenty of help and support from the awesome community.
Are you ready for virtual assistant jobs? Are you currently a virtual assistant and would like to share your experiences with our readers? Your awesome experiences will help other readers to start as a virtual assistant. We would love to hear from you.